Morrison Foerster has been named as a Agency of the 12 months within the 4 apply areas listed beneath for China Enterprise Legislation Journal’s 2022 China Enterprise Legislation Awards.
- Anti-bribery & anti-corruption 反贿赂及反腐败
- Fintech & blockchain 金融科技及区块链
- Healthcare, pharma & life sciences 医疗、制药及生命科学
- Know-how & telecoms 信息科技及电信
The China Enterprise Legislation Awards are based mostly on lots of of nominations acquired from China-focused company counsel and authorized professionals around the globe. In figuring out the winners, the nominations (and the justifications supplied for every nomination) had been thought-about fastidiously together with different elements, akin to every agency’s landmark offers, instances, and different notable achievements over the previous 12 months. You’ll be able to view the checklist of winners by visiting the web site.
Morrison Foerster was additionally just lately shortlisted within the Worldwide Legislation Agency of the 12 months, IP Legislation Agency of the 12 months (Worldwide), and Personal Fairness Legislation Agency of the 12 months – Worldwide classes for the SSQ ALB China Legislation Awards 2022. Through the previous 12 months, Morrison Foerster dealt with numerous important transactional and contentious issues for our shoppers, together with, amongst many others:
- A number one institutional investor and long-time investor in Seize Holdings in reference to Seize’s proposed merger with SPAC Altimeter Progress Corp. The transaction is predicted to be the largest-ever U.S. fairness providing by a Southeast Asian firm, valuing Seize at US$39.6 billion.
- Silver Crest Acquisition Company, a publicly traded SPAC, in reference to its US$1.69 billion enterprise mixture with TH Worldwide Restricted, a grasp franchisee and operator of Tim Hortons espresso outlets in China.
- Sino-Ocean Capital, one in all China’s main various asset managers with greater than US$19 billion in AUM, within the formation of a US$1.4 billion core workplace fund that can put money into A-grade workplace tasks within the core enterprise districts of Tier 1 cities in China. Morrison Foerster additionally suggested Sino-Ocean Capital on the formation of a US$600 million China actual property particular conditions fund, which is without doubt one of the first U.S.-dollar-denominated particular conditions funds specializing in residential particular state of affairs investments in core cities in China.
- Crusing Capital within the formation of its flagship non-public fairness fund II, with a goal dimension of US$1 billion, and the fund’s worker co-investment program.
- Ally Bridge Group in reference to quite a few investments in numerous life sciences corporations, together with Sonoma Biotherapeutics, Mainstay Medical Holdings plc, Syapse, Vida Well being, Inc., and Speedy Micro Biosystems, Inc.
- Macquarie Asset Administration in its funding in Unified Industrial Group, an actual property funding and growth platform centered on the economic and logistics sector in Japan and China.
- Ascendent Capital Companions in its disposal of Etern Group Ltd., which not directly holds 98% of the fairness curiosity in a basic hospital in Suzhou, to Hygeia, a Hong Kong-listed healthcare firm, for a complete consideration of RMB1,734,600,000 (roughly US$267 million).
- Alpha Fintech, a next-gen funds know-how firm, in its acquisition by PPRO, a number one digital funds infrastructure supplier.
- A startup blockchain firm in its de-SPAC transaction with an estimated worth of US$1 billion.
- A HKEX-listed international know-how conglomerate holding firm that gives fintech companies together with cellular funds, wealth administration, loans, and securities buying and selling to customers across the globe in numerous issues.
- A U.S.-based multinational firm in a corruption and cash laundering investigation by the U.S. Division of Justice and U.S. Securities and Alternate Fee referring to an alleged corruption scheme that happened throughout China and Europe.
- A number one Fortune 100 life sciences firm in dozens of fraud and bribery investigations in reference to its pharmaceutical enterprise in China.
- A Europe-listed international medical know-how firm in a extremely delicate inside investigation involving corruption and different compliance points in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.